The Biomolecules and Biomedicine (formerly, the Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, BJBMS) is а premier venue for preclinical and clinical biomedical science discoveries. The journal was founded in 1998 and is published by the Association of Basic Medical Sciences, a nonprofit honor organization of physician-scientists.
Broad readership and scope. The Biomolecules and Biomedicine reaches readers across a wide range of medical disciplines and sectors. The Journal publishes basic and translational/clinical research submissions and reviews in all biomedical specialties, including Genetics and Molecular biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Biomaterials, New and Emerging Research and Diagnostic Methods, New and Emerging Medical Entities, and others.
Open Access. All research is available to the public for free. The Biomolecules and Biomedicine deposits published articles in PubMed Central, satisfying the NIH Public Access Policy and other similar funding agency requirements.
Sources: PubMed Central, Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics), Google Scholar, CiteScore (Scopus)
- Open Access: articles are freely available to readers immediately after publication.
- Highly accessed online content: more than 200,000 readers/month (60,000 at PubMed Central (December 2021); 60,000 at Journal's website (December 2021); more than 80,000 at Web of Science, Scopus, Google Scholar, and others).
- Newsletters: more than 20,000 registered users receive a newsletter tailored to their field of interest.
- Social media: articles are promoted through various social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Advanced online: all accepted articles are published Advanced online and Ahead of print on PubMed within 3 days of acceptance, with citable DOIs, to make the article accessible as fast as possible.
- Print circulation: 300 copies of print issues are sent to major libraries, institutes, universities, conferences, and subscribers worldwide. Get the free sample copy here.
- BJBMS Viewpoints: Journal's blog promotes authors and their research by publishing plain language summaries for a broad audience and media, as well as commentaries, interviews, news, and stories related to science and research.
Indexing and abstracting
- SCIE (Science Citation Index Expanded), Web of Science, Clarivate Analytics
- JCR (Journal Citation Reports®), Clarivate Analytics
- PubMed Central (PMC)
- SJR (Scimago Journal and Country Rank)
- Semantic Scholar
- Google Scholar
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- Europe PubMed Central
- many libraries
The 2021 peer review performance metrics:
- Average time from submission to initial decision on rejection or peer review: 3 days
- Average peer-review time and decision: 21 days
- Average time from acceptance to (advanced online) publication: 1 days
- Desk rejections (without peer review): 40%
- Acceptance Rate: 20%
The success of the articles published in BJBMS is tracked in real-time by individualized Article-Level Metrics (Dimensions and PlumX). These reflect the viewership, download rates, social sharing, citations, field citation ratio, and relative citation ratio for each published article in real-time, and help you illustrate the impact of your research
Journal Impact Factor® (JCR/Clarivate Analytics):
- 2022 = pending
- 2021 = 3.759
- 2020 = 3.363
- 2019 = 2.050
- 2018 = 1.458
- 2017 = 1.432
- 2016 = 0.906
- 2015 = 0.652
- 2014 = 0.443
- 2022 = Check the latest CiteScore
- 2021 = 5.20
- 2020 = 4.00
- 2019 = 3.20
- 2018 = 1.43
- 2017 = 1.31
- 2016 = 0.94
- 2015 = 0.78
- 2014 = 0.59
SJR (Scimago Journal & Country Rank)
BJBMS Viewpoints: https://blog.bjbms.org
- Non-technical author's summaries for media and wide non-expert audience to promote the author's findings and research
- Interviews with experts