The Biomolecules and Biomedicine (formerly, the Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences, BJBMS) is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary open-access medical journal dedicated to the advancement of medical research, practice, and education. The journal was founded in 1998 and is published by the Association of Basic Medical Sciences, a nonprofit honor organization of physician-scientists.
Biomolecules and Biomedicine's scope includes:
Pre-clinical studies – These involve research that is typically conducted in a lab setting and involves the use of animal models or cell cultures. Studies in this category include exploratory and foundational research in areas such as Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, and more.
Translational Medicine – This involves applying discoveries generated during research in the laboratory to the development of trials and studies in humans. It also involves research aiming to move 'from bench to bedside' and from 'bedside to clinical practice'. The journal is a platform for sharing work that bridges the gap between fundamental research and clinical application, including interdisciplinary studies, innovative diagnostic tools, and therapeutic approaches.
Clinical Research – This involves studies on patients or patient data. We welcome studies that include randomized trials, observational studies, outcomes research, health services research, and more. This also includes clinical reviews.
Open Access. All research is available to the public for free. The Biomolecules and Biomedicine deposits published articles in PubMed Central, satisfying the NIH Public Access Policy and other similar funding agency requirements.
Sources: PubMed Central, Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics), Google Scholar, CiteScore (Scopus)
- Open Access: articles are freely available to readers immediately after publication.
- Highly accessed online content: more than 300,000 readers/month (80,000 at PubMed Central (December 2022); 100,000 at Journal's website (December 2022); more than 120,000 at Web of Science, Scopus, Google Scholar, and others).
- Newsletters: more than 20,000 registered users receive a newsletter tailored to their field of interest.
- Social media: articles are promoted through various social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Advanced online: all accepted articles are published Advanced online and Ahead of print on PubMed within 3 days of acceptance, with citable DOIs, to make the article accessible as fast as possible.
- Print circulation: 300 copies of print issues are sent to major libraries, institutes, universities, conferences, and subscribers worldwide. Get the free sample copy here.
- BiomolBiomed Viewpoints: Journal's blog promotes authors and their research by publishing plain language summaries for a broad audience and media, as well as commentaries, interviews, news, and stories related to science and research.
Indexing and abstracting
- SCIE (Science Citation Index Expanded), Web of Science, Clarivate Analytics
- JCR (Journal Citation Reports®), Clarivate Analytics
- PubMed/MEDLINE (Biomol Biomed)
- PubMed/MEDLINE (BJBMS)
- PubMed Central (PMC)
- SJR (Scimago Journal and Country Rank)
- Semantic Scholar
- Google Scholar
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- Europe PubMed Central
- many libraries
The 2022 peer review performance metrics:
- Average time from submission to initial decision on rejection or peer review: 2 days
- Average peer-review time and decision: 21 days
- Average time from acceptance to (advanced online) publication: 1 day
- Desk rejections (without peer review): 40%
- Acceptance Rate: 20%
The success of the articles published in BJBMS is tracked in real-time by individualized Article-Level Metrics (Dimensions and PlumX). These reflect the viewership, download rates, social sharing, citations, field citation ratio, and relative citation ratio for each published article in real-time, and help you illustrate the impact of your research
Journal Impact Factor® (JCR/Clarivate Analytics):
- 2022 = 3.4
- 2021 = 3.759
- 2020 = 3.363
- 2019 = 2.050
- 2018 = 1.458
- 2017 = 1.432
- 2016 = 0.906
- 2015 = 0.652
- 2014 = 0.443
- 2023 = Check the latest CiteScore
- 2022 = 5.3 (#143/830 82nd percentile)
- 2021 = 5.2
- 2020 = 4.0
- 2019 = 3.2
- 2018 = 1.43
- 2017 = 1.31
- 2016 = 0.94
- 2015 = 0.78
- 2014 = 0.59
SJR (Scimago Journal & Country Rank)
BiomolBiomed Viewpoints: https://blog.bjbms.org
- Non-technical author's summaries for media and wide non-expert audience to promote the author's findings and research
- Interviews with experts