The BJBMS (Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences) is а premier venue for discoveries in basic and clinical biomedical science. The BJBMS was founded in 1998 and is published by the Association of Basic Medical Sciences, a nonprofit honor organization of physician-scientists.
Broad readership and scope. The BJBMS reaches readers across a wide range of medical disciplines and sectors. The journal publishes basic and translational/clinical research submissions and reviews in all biomedical specialties, including Genetics and Molecular biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Pathology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Biomaterials, new and emerging research and diagnostic methods, new and emerging medical entities, and others.
Open access. All research is available to the public for free. The BJBMS deposits published articles in PubMed Central, which satisfies the NIH Public Access Policy and other similar funding agency requirements.
Figure 1. (A) Article retrieval, PubMed Central; (B) Journal Impact Factor, JCR, Clarivate Analytics; (C) Number of citations, Google Scholar; (D) CiteScore trend, Scopus, Elsevier.
- Open Access: articles are freely available to readers immediately after publication.
- Highly accessed online content: more than 100,000 visits/month (40,000 at PubMed Central (October 2019); 20,000 at Journal's website (October 2019); 40,000 at Web of Science, Scopus, Google Scholar, and others).
- Newsletters: more than 6,000 registered users receive a newsletter tailored to their field of interest.
- Social media: articles are promoted through various social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Advanced online: all accepted articles are published Advanced online and Ahead of print on PubMed within 3 days of acceptance, with citable DOIs, to make the article accessible as fast as possible.
- Print circulation: 300 copies of print issues are sent to major libraries, institutes, universities, conferences, and subscribers across the globe. Get the free sample copy here.
- BJBMS Viewpoints: Journal's blog that promotes authors and their research by publishing plain language summaries for wide audience and media, as well as commentaries, interviews, news and stories related to science and research.
Indexing and abstracting
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science, Clarivate Analytics)
- Journal Citation Reports® (JCR)
- PubMed Central (PMC)
- Semantic Scholar
- Google Scholar
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- Europe PubMed Central
- many libraries
- Time to First Editorial Decision (Rejection or Peer Review): 3 days
- Time to First Decision after review (Rejection or Revision or Acceptance): 35 days
- Time from Acceptance to Publication: 3 days (if no significant language editing is required)
- Rejections without peer review: 40%
- Acceptance Rate: 15%
The success of the articles published in BJBMS is tracked in real-time by individualized Article-Level Metrics (Dimensions and PlumX). These reflect the viewership, download rates, social sharing, citations, field citation ratio, and relative citation ratio for each published article in a real-time, and help you illustrate the impact of your research
Journal Impact Factor® (JCR/Clarivate Analytics):
- 2019 = pending
- 2018 = 1.458
- 2017 = 1.432
- 2016 = 0.906
- 2015 = 0.652
- 2014 = 0.443
- 2019 = Check the CiteScore Tracker
- 2018 = 1.43
- 2017 = 1.31
- 2016 = 0.94
- 2015 = 0.78
- 2014 = 0.59
BJBMS Viewpoints: https://blog.bjbms.org
- Publishes non-technical author's summaries for media and wide non-expert audience to promote the author's findings and research
- Publishes interviews with experts
- Publishes commentaries